“When a women tells her story she leaves a legacy. When a women writes her story she leaves footprints on the planet for others girls to follow! Support this girl in writing her-story.” by Dayanara Marte
Support this little girl in telling her story in her own voice! Donate Today@gofundme
Thank you so much to all that contributed. Because of you, I received a certificate of completion of the Voices Writing Workshop at the University of California, Berkeley, June 23 – June 29, in the Memoir Workshop with Staceyann Chin.
What a beautiful transformative experience. I shared so much and learned so much about myself and what it is going to take to write this memoir. Please read more about my experience and lessons learned on my blog
SO, WHATS NEXT? Im going HOME! EVERY LITTLE GIRL needs to go back home to remember, to forgive, to write her story! Over the next month, I will be raising an extra $5000 to go back home to the Dominican Republic, to write, to interview and film my life.
Me, my biological mother and sister summer 2013, Dominican Republic.
DONATE NOW and send this little girl back home! This little girl is Fundraising an extra 5000k to go back home and write yet another piece of my memoir! I went to VONA and I have come back ready to take on the world. I have a lot of work to do towards the creation of this memoir and I am excited to share with the next steps of my journey. Over the next month, I will be raising $5000 to go back home to the Dominican Republic where I will…
1. Interview my biological mom and all the women I was raised with.
2. I will walk the streets I lived in, played in, grew up in.I will visit the brothel I was born in. Picture below!
3.I will talk to my abuser and all the women he abused.
4. I will visit my dads grave and let my little girl mourn all he was and wasn’t .
5.I will take myself back home and face my fears with courage!
Continue to donate today towards the completion of my memoir which will also include….
a.research on prostitution in the era of the dictatorship of Trujillo and how women lived, their choice, their options.
b. more research focused on intergenerational trauma and healing.
c. Continued mentor-ship to workshop pieces of the memoir
d. Focused time on writing and writing some more…to include a healing toolkit and some extra special surprises.
7 MORE WAYS TO SUPPORT!
7 WAYS TO DONATE!
2. No Fees. Easy pay through your bank to mine(chase)…firstname.lastname@example.org
3. No Fees. Send me a check @ Dayanara Marte 664 west 161st apt 2g, ny, ny 10032
4. GO to my GO FUND Me page http://www.gofundme.com/31yrzk
5. No Fees. Lets meet up and create more memories, dinner, lunch, laugh, love and build. call me!
6. Take on the cause and commit to sharing it with people that you know would like to support me.
7. Even before its done I am available for speaking engagements, workshops, training’s, conference, retreats, and peer counseling. contact me and find more information at email@example.com.
It takes a community to raise children. It takes powerful womyn and special men to raise little girls.
Thank you for being the community that has raised me all over again.
In BOLD Rebirth Dee
Sending you all sun filled kisses and heart warming hugs! Dee
ABOUT the EVERY LITTLE GIRL has a STORY Campaign!
1. The reality is that one in every three women on the planet will be physically or sexually abused in her lifetime which will most likely occur when she is a little girl in which she will experience or witness, child abuse, child sexual abuse, sexual assault or incest.
2. Everyday 1500 women die while giving birth to a new life from dis-ease, violence, poverty and malnutirition.
3. When a women is born she is born with the next generation of women inside of her ovaries.
4. Just like resiliency, when a little girl is born she carries a legacy of violence and trauma in her mind, body and spirit.
5. EVERY LITTLE GIRL HAS A STORY TO TELL!
One story that is her own and the other runs through her veins having been passed down
Every Little girl has a dream. Every little girl is born fully self expressed. She dares to dream to play, to laugh, to love. Every little girl is born powerful, courageous, beautiful and worthy, there is nothing in this world she cannot do… And then something happens.
All over the WORLD little girls have a story to tell and they have a right to tell it in their own voices. Support this little girl in writing her-story in her own voice. Give her an opportunity to write it so no one else writes it for her!
By Supporting “In BOLD Rebirth” my memoir, you will be transforming the lives of millions of womyn, communities and organizations globally. Little girls will be liberated, filled with awakened voices creating unrecognizable futures and falling deeply in love with themselves.
Title: In BOLD Rebirth, is a groundbreaking book that will use multiple writing style’s to take you through a journey of a Latina Dominican lesbian story of self love and healing with the seasons and the liberation she finds in each transition. Drawing from over a decade of healing from trauma, Dayanara Marte, creates a manifesto of possibility towards a BOLD Rebirth of her identity. She will reveal how her commitment to transformation eradicates a life long cycle of inter generational violence in her life. At the age of 15, 1991, Dayanara gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. In 2007 she had no choice but to embarked on a journey of finding her own mother for as she raised her daughter she realized that her own relationship with her two mother’s and the incompletion, resentments, fear and anger she carried shaped how she showed up as a mother, partner, daughter and friend. In the process of discovering her own her-story she finally learns what it really means to be a healer and be healed, to love and be loved. In this journey of seasons changing Dayanara share’s the deepest personal stories of her life. Her candid vulnerability shows the courage it takes to love anyway!